Description/Purpose: This is the User guide to assist a user with setting up 2-Step/MFA Authentication for Box.
Clients having issue: NI users who's Box accounts were deactivated for security reasons (2-Step Authentication missing).
1. On your phone, go to the App Store and download either Microsoft or Google's Authenticator App.
2. On the Authenticator App, click the + icon in the top right.
3. On the next screen, click "Work or school account."
4. In the pop-up, click "Scan QR code."
5. On your computer, go to Box.com.
7. Click the round icon with your initials in the top right corner. This will trigger a drop-down menu.
8. Click "Account Settings."
9. Under the Account (left) menu, scroll down to "2-Step Verification" and click "Set up."
10. Scan the QR code on your desktop with the Authenticator App on your phone. The app will then provide a six-digit code that you will enter on the website.
11. A green banner will pop up at the top of the screen after 2-Step Verification is complete.